Friday, August 6, 2010

Japaneses Garden & Koi Pond construction update

Here is the walk way to the Japanese Garden. The irrigation and electrical pipes have been buried. Next the river rocks will be introduced and in a few weeks I will begin the fabrication of the stepping stones.

The potted trees will be planted this weekend. I am hopping for a free growing lush garden. I am not too crazy about the well-trimmed look.

Here you can see where more walking space is being created. The bottom tier is being removed. Footings will be added to reinforce the retaining wall.

They did a nice job of removing all the weeds and unwanted growth. Red apple ice plant will cover the entire slope in order to prevent erosion.

Here you can see that part of the pine tree root system has been cut back. I just hope it does not harm the tree. But after thinking about it, whenever a large tree is transplanted, part of the root system is severed. I am just hoping for the best... I will keep my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment